Managing your supply chain. A must in today's market.
The growing problem of counterfeiting threaten's the electronic components industry at every level of the supply chain. The only way to control counterfeiting is to maintain control over your entire worldwide supply chain, which is next to impossible, especially when components are being outsourced from China and purchased from the open market via unreliable suppliers. It is vital in today's market to verify and monitor your suppliers to reduce the risk of counterfeits. Although some buyers will have strict standards in place to only purchase from OEM or Authorized/Franchise sources, independent distributors are necessary when it comes to buying obsolete, hard-to-find and long lead time components. When this is the case, you must have a counterfeit prevention plan in place and know and trust who you are buying from.
Evaluating Your Suppliers and Distributors
Setting standards and evaluating your suppliers and distributors is part of a solid counterfeit avoidance process. You must evaluate the following:
- Potential suppliers are surveyed and audited
- Trade references are requested and verified
- Compliant file is cross checked with industry watchdog agencies
- First article is tested and receives in-house evaluation
- Continuous monitoring and evaluating is taking place
- Detailed counterfeit control plan is in place
- Note History and proof of longevity with solid supplier relationships
What Makes a Trusted Supplier?
Selecting a independent distributor that practices the above qualifications is one way of evaluating, however, a quality management system as well as a solid counterfeit avoidance program is extremely vital. Your supplier should have capabilities that the components they are supplying are verified and tested for authenticity. Lintech Components has been a trusted independent distributor for over twenty years due to our advancements of proactively stopping counterfeits within our supply chain. This is due to having established our own Component Authenticity Protection Program that focuses on:
- Ensuring and supplying only genuine authentic parts
- Zero tolerance for counterfeit products
- Providing 100% risk mitigation - transfer the risk
- Having a Quality Management System in place
Does You Supplier Have Industry Credibility?
Not only should the supplier you use have a counterfeit protection plan and management system in place, they should also have certifications and accreditations to prove their credibility. Lintech Components is proud of our achievements:
- AS9120 Certification– Special QMS Requirments for MIL/Aerospace
- ISO 9001Certification – Quality Management System
- ANSI/ESD-S20.20 Certification – Electrostatic Discharge Prevention
- IDEA STD 1010B – Inspection Process for Counterfeit Detection
- IDEA-ICE-2000 – Certified Professional Inspectors
- SAE AS5553 – Counterfeit Prevention, Detection & Reporting
- CCAP-101 Certification – Counterfeit Avoidance
Lintech Components is a Proven Trusted Supplier
Lintech Components has established systems and processes in place to protect our customers and eliminate substandard parts in our supply chain. We have the expertise as a distributor to support counterfeit avoidance initiatives. Managing your supply chain is a must in today's market and our industry experience, products, programs and services are established to sustain the turbulent market and the threats of substandard components from your supply chain.